Here are some outlines from this draft document according the changes we will have comparing to Zend Framework 1.x :
- For any custom piece of code you should utilise a separate PHP namespace.
- Namespaces are mapped 1:1 to directories.
- Underscores "_" will not have a special meaning any more, but possibly still be mapped to directories inside component hierarchy.
- MixedCase naming convention will be used instead of UPERCASE for acronyms (not a change, but anyway worth mentioning as there were a hot discussion about this)
- Abstract classes should be prefixed with "Abstract" keyword.
- Interfaces will not have "Interface" keyword and should be named with nouns or adjectives.
- Function in global scope is discouraged, its better to define functions in a separate namespace or as a static method.
- ... and a lot of new staff related to Namespaces...